Climate Change Voter’s Guide
Click on your state name to find the Climate Calculation earned by your U.S. Senators and Representative. Compare the Climate Calculation of the candidates running against them. Click here to search by state, zip code or by candidate name. We have climate calculations for 2022 incumbent governors and challengers also; click here to search by state. These profiles will include an indication of support for Roe v. Wade, the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion. You can also find a climate change voter’s guide for State Government.
US Map Clicks
Vote Climate U.S. PAC’s priority project is our statewide, gubernatorial, and national Voter’s Guide that will help you, your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to Vote Climate in the mid-term elections. Our Voter’s Guide goes beyond past votes to assess position, leadership and putting a fee on carbon for our national incumbents and challengers. We need your help to promote our Voter’s Guide. Donate now.
Press Releases & Op-eds
- Vote Climate U.S. PAC Announces 2022 Priority Governor’s Races
- Climate Change, Choice and the American Dream
- Vote Climate U.S. PAC Releases Unprecedented Statewide and National Climate Change Voter’s Guide
- Vote Climate U.S. PAC Partners with University of Michigan Students to Get Americans to Vote Climate
- Let’s Revolutionize the Politics of Climate Change By Karyn Strickler
- Vote Climate and Choice: Vote Climate U.S. PAC Announces Historic Change to National Climate Change Voter’s Guide, Adding Support for Roe v. Wade
- Critical Climate Races for Governor in Virginia and New Jersey by Karyn Strickler
- Biden Must Become the Climate-Commander-in-Chief, by Karyn Strickler
Vote Climate U.S. PAC works to elect candidates to eliminate all human-made, greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, in order to slow climate change and related weather extremes. Only ZERO greenhouse gas emissions will lead to a slow reduction in the atmosphere over the next century. Our call to eliminate all human-made CO2 and methane emissions surpasses that of a “net-zero” carbon emission or a “carbon neutral” economy by 2050, which we do not believe goes far enough toward the elimination of fossil fuels. We believe that we must keep fossil fuels in the ground for a just, clean energy economy. We work to elect candidates who believe in getting off fossil fuels, transitioning to clean, renewable, energy and reducing carbon pollution by putting a fee on carbon, in order to slow climate change and related weather extremes. Donate now.
While our hope for the future is bright, scientists say we are facing an emergency with climate change. Our political leaders are not acting. That is why America must elect climate-action candidates on the state and national levels using our Vote Climate U.S. PAC’s U.S. House and U.S. Senate, Governors and State Government voter’s guide. Our ultimate goal of reducing greenhouse gases can be largely accomplished by passing a federal carbon fee, the single, most critical step we can take toward addressing climate change. It starts with electing the candidates to get it done using our voter’s guides. Donate now.
Voter’s Guide and/or Vote Climate U.S. PAC have been featured in:
- Common Dreams: Roevember Will Tell: Women Scorned on a Hot Planet
- Common Dreams: New Progressive Voter Guides Score Midterm Candidates on Climate, Abortion Rights
- Inside Climate News: Want to Elect Climate Champions? Here’s How to Tell Who’s Really Serious About Climate Change, April 2022
- E&E News: 2020 Dems Embrace Climate, but Will Voters?
- Oprah Magazine: 7 Ways You Can Help Save the Planet Right Now. It’s now or never.
- GQ: Being Green Is the 2019 Flex You’re Missing: How to be less of an environmental dirtbag this year.
- Vox: This group is helping voters make sense of which candidates take climate change seriously. Vote Climate US PAC’s guide to House and Senate races scores candidates on their positions on climate change and a carbon price.
- Yahoo News: Do Americans value climate action enough to vote for it?
Thank you to our Voter’s Guide Team: Aditya Kulashekar, Team Leader, Michigan Political Consulting (MPC), student run consultants from the University of Michigan; MPC Consultants: Gabriel Scheck, Sean Shelbrock, Akil Kasubhai, and Ainsley Barrett; Zach Solomon, V.P. of Research, Executive Board Member, MPC; Vote Climate U.S. PAC Interns: Anoushka Sarin, Aditi Kedari and Quinn Jackson; Jake Assael, Co-Founder of Vote Climate U.S. PAC.