Vote Climate U.S. PAC’s mission is to elect candidates to get off fossil fuels and to put a price on carbon. We don’t choose our top priority candidates from safe districts. Nor do we choose districts to challenge climate change deniers who cannot be defeated.
We pick our top priority candidates from swing districts and states where victory means we’re on the cutting edge, increasing our voting bloc and leadership in the U.S. House and U.S. Senate. We chose our 2016 priority U.S. House and U.S. Senate races to position climate change as a powerful, electoral issue.
Priority races are chosen from hotly contested, swing districts where:
- Victory is not guaranteed and support from climate voters and activists could make all the difference.
- Climate change is a pivotal issue that could be the difference between victory and defeat.
- Priority candidates are leaders on the issue and there is a sharp distinction between them and their opponent on climate change.
- Victory could make a difference for the issue by electing a climate leader.
Please be a part of the electoral movement for federal action on climate change with Vote Climate U.S. PAC.
Third-party websites referenced:
- Cook Political Report
- Roll Call
- LCV – League of Conservation Voters